1. With what planet or physical body is all our present life connected?
With this earth.
2. What position was man given when created?
“Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth,” Genesis 1:28.
3. This being man’s position, what did the Creator say of the earth?
“For thus sayeth the Lord that created the heavens; God Himself that formed the earth and made it; He hath established it, He created it not in vain, He formed it to be inhabited: I am the Lord; and there is none else,” Isaiah 45:18.
4. Will the righteous ever be removed from the earth?
“The righteous shall never be removed: but the wicked shall not inhabit the earth,” Proverbs 10:30.
5. Where shall the righteous receive their recompense?
“For yet a little while and the wicked shall not be: yea, thou shalt diligently consider his place, and it shall not be. But the meek shall inherit the earth; and shall delight themselves in the abundance of peace,” Psalm 37:10, 11.
6. To whom is the earth given?
“The heaven, even the heavens are the Lord’s; but the earth hath He given to the children of men,” Psalm 115:16.
7. What promise did Christ make to the meek?
“Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth,” Matthew 5:5.
8. How did the Savior teach us to pray?
“Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven,” Matthew 6:10.
9. Are there any scriptures which state with whom the righteous will be in the future, and their office?
“Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with Him a thousand years,” Revelation 20:6.
10. Where will the righteous be during this reign of one thousand years as kings and priests with Christ?
“And they sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for Thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by Thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation; and hast made us unto our God kings and priests; and we shall reign on the earth,” Revelation 5:9, 10.
11. Do we have any other scripture which represents the earth as the future home of God’s people?
“And the kingdom and dominion and the greatness of the kingdom under the whole heaven, shall be given to the people of the saints of the Most High,” Daniel 7:27.
12. Will this earth be redeemed from its present condition?
“Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of His glory,” Ephesians 1:14.
13. Do we have a definite statement in regard to the future home of God’s people?
“And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea. And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and He will dwell with them, and they shall be His people, and God Himself shall be with them, and be their God. And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away. And He that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And He said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful. And He said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely,” Revelation 21:1-6.
14. What more is said about the scope of our inheritance?
“He that overcometh shall inherit all things [margin] and I will be his God, and he shall be my son,” Revelation 21:7.
Only waiting now for Jesus
`Mid the care and pain and strife
Waiting for the blessed promise
And the crown of endless life.
Waiting, waiting, ever waiting,
For the coming of our King;
And our souls are filled with rapture,
While His praises here we sing.
_ Mary E. Welch