1. Preceding the second coming of Christ what power makes war on the church?
“And the dragon was wroth with the woman, [true church] and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ,” Revelation 12:17.
2. What great reward is promised to the overcomer?
“To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the tree of life,” Revelation 2:7.
3. Where is this tree of life located?
“In the midst of the paradise of God,” same verse.
4. Through whom are we able to conquer the world and its ways?
“Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him that loved us,” Romans 8:37.
5. What is the character of the Christian’s weapons of warfare?
“For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strongholds,” II Corinthians 10:4.
6. What are such weapons as these able to conquer?
“Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ; and having in a readiness to revenge all disobedience, when your obedience is fulfilled,” verses 5, 6.
7. What are we to put on?
“Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of His might. Put on the whole armor of God that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil,” Ephesians 6:10, 11.
8. With what kind of foes do we have to contend?
“For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places,” verse 12.
9. What are the first things with which one should be girded?
“Wherefore take unto you the whole armor of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness,” verses 13 and 14.
10. What is this truth with which one’s loins should be girded?
“Sanctify them through Thy truth: Thy word is truth,” John 17:17.
“Thy righteousness is an everlasting righteousness, and Thy law is the truth,” Psalm 119:142.
11. What does having loins girded mean?
“Wherefore gird up the loins of your mind, be sober, and hope to the end for the grace that is to be brought unto you at the revelation of Jesus Christ,” I Peter 1:13.
12. What is the righteousness of which the breastplate is composed?
“My tongue shall speak of Thy word: for all Thy commandments are righteousness,” Psalm 119:172.
“And this is His name whereby He shall be called, The Lord Our Righteousness,” Jeremiah 23:6.
“The Lord is well pleased for His Righteousness sake; He will magnify the law, and make it honourable,” Isaiah 42:21.
13. With what are the feet to be shod?
“And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace,” Ephesians 6:15.
14. Which piece of armor is mentioned as necessary to the soldier of God?
“Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked,” Ephesians 6:16.
15. What kind of a helmet are we to wear?
“And take the helmet of salvation,” verse 17.
16. With what sword is the Christian soldier to fight?
“The sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God,” verse 17.
17. In order that we use the above weapons successfully, what is necessary?
“Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints,” verse 18.
18. How constantly does Paul admonish one to pray?
“Pray without ceasing,” I Thessalonians 5:17.
19. If one stands this way, will they seek to save their lives?
“And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death,” Revelation 12:11.
20. Will Christ’s soldiers be victorious under Him?
“And I saw as it were a sea of glass mingled with fire: and them that had gotten the victory over the beast, and over his image, and over his mark, and over the number of his name, stand on the sea of glass, having the harps of God,” Revelation 15:2.