Lesson for August 31, 2019.
THE VICTORIOUS LIFE THE HUMILITY OF THE SAVIOUR AND HIS CHILDREN
Scripture Reading: Matthew 18:1-20.
Memory Verse: Matthew 18:3.
- In coming to the earth, what example of humility did the Saviour set? Luke 2:11,12,16.
- What prophetic fulfillment do we have of His humility? Zechariah 9:9; Matthew 21:1-11.
- To what else did the Saviour humble Himself? Philippians 2:5-8.
- What did the disciples want to know of the Saviour? Matthew 18:1.
- Whom did He set as a model for them? Matthew 18:2-4.
Note: “Converted and become” – There are some who are truly converted, and yet are not humble. Many believers are found in this category. One may appear to be humble until there is an issue involved that demands submission, then he rebels against authority; this often causes divisions.
- How does Paul further interpret the meaning of the word “children”? 1 Corinthians 14:20.
- What will the quality of “children in malice” lead us to do? Matthew 5:43-45.
- If we are “children of malice”, what degree of perfection will we be lead to? Matthew 5:46-48.
- Upon what did the Saviour say our forgiveness depended? Matthew 6:14,15.
- How many times should our humility lead us to forgive our foes? Matthew 18:21,22.
Note: Unforgiveness, malice, anger and so on hinder a believer’s growth and development just as diseases do the physical body. It takes a humble heart in which the Saviour dwells to forgive and forget.
- If we receive the honor that awaits us, what trait must we first possess? Proverbs 15:33.
- What are the products of humility and fear of the Lord? Proverbs 22:4.