Lesson for December 2.
THE WATER OF LIFE
Scripture Reading: Isaiah 12.
Memory Verse: Revelation 22:17.
- What is God’s invitation to all who thirst? Isaiah 44:3; 55:1.
- By what means do we draw water from the wells of salvation? Isaiah 12:2,3.
- What simple request did Jesus make to the woman at Jacob’s well? John 4:6,7.
- What was the woman’s reply? John 4:9.
- How did the women react when Jesus told her about the Living Water? John 4:10-12.
- When a person receives the ‘Living Water,’ are his innermost needs satisfied? John 4:13,14; 6:35.
- On a different occasion what invitation was extended to each one of us, and how did Jesus define this spiritual water of life? John 7:37-39.
- When we are filled with the Spirit, how will we walk? Galatians 5:16,25,26; Romans 6:11-13.
- What righteous fruit will be manifested in our lives if we are completely surrendered to the Savior? Ephesians 5:9,10; Galatians 5:22,23.
NOTE: Many today do not yield themselves completely to the Lord and do not have the deep satisfying joy in their Christian life. Serving Christ, to them, is a burden instead of a joy. If you have not yet yielded your all to the Master— do so today!