Lesson for December 31, 2022
THE HOLY CITY – NEW JERUSALEM
Scripture reading: Rev. 21st Chapter.
Memory verse: Rev. 21:2.
- What was Abraham looking for while he sojourned in the land of Promise? Heb. 11:8-10.
- While we confess that we are strangers and pilgrims, what actually are we declaring? Heb. 11:13-16.
- In what wonderful way does the Apostle Paul tell us what the born-again Christians have come unto, and where their names have been written? Heb. 12:22-24.
- What did Jesus say about His Father’s mansions (The New Jerusalem)? John 14:2, 3.
- Will we ascend to these mansions, or will these mansions descend to the earth? Rev. 21:2, 10.
- How will the earth be cleansed and renovated before the beautiful city — the New Jerusalem — comes down? 2 Peter 3:10-13.
- When these prophecies are fulfilled, will there be any more sea? Rev. 21:1.
- After the earth has been made new, will we ever have any sad memories? Isa. 65:17.
- How does Paul contrast the Jerusalem of this day with the one which will descend from Heaven? Gal. 4:25, 26.
- What wonderful new name will the overcomers have written upon them? Rev. 3:12.
- What terrible fate awaits all who take away from or add to the prophecies of this book? Rev. 22:18, 19.
- What qualifications are necessary in order to enter this City? Rev. 22:14.
- What will illuminate this beautiful City? Rev. 22:5; 21:23, 25.
- By whom are we so lovingly invited to come, so that we may have a part in that City? Rev. 22:16, 17.
- Did John see the throne of God, and where was it? Rev. 22:3.
- What will happen to all sorrow, pain and suffering, at that time? Rev. 21:4, 5.