Lesson for January 25, 2020.
THE REWARD OF ACCEPTING JESUS
Scripture reading: Matt. 19:23-30.
Memory verse: Matt. 16:27.
- What is the bounteous reward of forsaking all and following Jesus? Matt. 19:27-29.
- What else is necessary in order to receive this reward? Matt. 10:37-39.
- Does our labour for Him necessarily have to be of a great nature? Verse 42.
- Are there limitations as to what we can do? 1 Cor. 3:6, 7.
- Who then is our great Co-worker? Verses 8 and 9.
- What warning has been given in connection with our work with Christ Jesus? Verse 10.
- Should one ever consider starting a work of his own? Verse 11.
- What is the advantage of having one’s work grow into that which is to be permanent? Verses 13, 14.
- What are some other admonitions given in this chapter as to the manner in which we are to labor for Him? Verses 18, 19, and 21.
- What encouragement did the prophet Azariah give to King Asa at one time? 2 Chron. 15:1-7.
- What was the happy result? Verses 8-15.
- In what kind of work must we abound, and will it be in vain? 1 Cor. 15:58.
- Is there a record in heaven of our work, and our prayers here on earth? Acts 10:1-4.