Lesson for July 27, 2019.
TEACHING THE CHILDREN
Scripture reading: Ephesians 6:1-10.
Memory verse: Proverbs 22:6.
- In what manner are children to be taught? Eph. 6:4; Prov. 22:6.
Note. — One large church organization has made the statement that if they can have a child until he reaches the age of seven, they will have him for the rest of his life.
- What will be the results if a child’s development is left to himself? Proverbs 22:15, first part.
- Should a child be taught to live a covetous, selfish life or to store treasures in heaven, by giving work to the gospel? Ecc. 12:1; Matthew 6:19-21.
- Should a parent use precaution in the manner in which he punishes his child? Col. 3:21; Eph. 6:4, First part.
- But should he neglect punishment when needed? Prov. 13:24, 23:13,
- What is especially important; to one’s children? Deut. 4:9, 11:13, 19,
- Are conditions such now, as to necessitate even more diligence? 2 Tim. 3:1-3; 1 Peter 5:8.
- May others assist the younger women in teaching their children? Titus 2:3, 4.
- What other duty of parents toward children is very needful? 1 Tim 5:8.
- What encouraging condition can we look for through the working of the Holy Spirit? Mal. 4:4, 5, 6.