SAUL’S DISOBEDIENCE AND REJECTION
Scripture reading: 1 Samuel 15:1-23.
Memory verse: 1 Samuel 15:23.
- What was Saul’s first blunder after he was made King? 1 Samuel 13:5-9.
- After the sacrifice was offered, who appeared? Verse 10.
- What was Samuel’s question to Saul? What was Saul’s reply? Verses 11, 12.
- What pronouncement did Samuel make? Verse 13.
- What kind of man would succeed Saul as king? Verse 14.
Note. This first “wrong step” influenced forever the future of Saul (although he was given time to prove himself and what his future developments would be). Just one willful disobedience is enough to seal our doom, for it sears our conscience and makes the next sinful act easier.
- After some time, what command did Samuel give to Saul? 1 Samuel 15:1-3.
- How much of this command did Saul obey? Verses 7-9.
- What revelation came to Saul when they met? Verses 10, 11.
- What was Saul’s statement to Samuel when they met? Verses 12, 13.
- What was it that revealed the falsehood in Saul’s statement? What was his excuse? Verses 14, 15, 24.
- To what are sin, rebellion and stubbornness compared? Verse 23.
- Samuel visit Saul anymore after Saul deliberatelysinned? Verses 34, 35.