Lesson for May 16, 2020
Scripture reading: Luke 18:1-27.
Memory verse: Luke 18:7.
- Is it the desire of the Lord that people everywhere call upon Him in prayer? 1Timothy 2:8.
- What is the promise for those who seek Him for the things they need? Matthew 7:8.
- How does Christ Jesus illustrate the Heavenly Father’s willingness to grant favors to those who ask? Luke 11:9-13.
- Should the Lord’s people seek for temporal or for spiritual help? Matthew 6:31-33.
- From what source do all things come? James 1:17.
- In order to receive spiritual blessings from above, what are we instructed to do? James 4:8.
- Will long, loud and proclaiming prayers guarantee Heaven’s notice? Matthew 6:7, 8.
Note: It is “the fervent effectual prayer” that counts. James 5:16. Ye are to pray “in faith believing” and the believing part is most effective.
- What is said about praying with understanding and what should always be mixed with our prayers? 1 Corinthians 14:15; Philippians 4:6.
- In order for us to pray and receive forgiveness for our trespasses, what must we first do? Mark 11:24-26.
- How did Daniel pray? What about Cornelius and the Apostles? Daniel 6:10; Acts 10:2-4; 12:12.