1. Was there a church in existence while the children of Israel were in the wilderness?
“This is He, that was in the church in the wilderness . . . “ Acts 7:38.
2. After Christ was born into the world, have we the promise of a church being in existence through the coming ages?
“And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this Rock [God the Father] I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it,” Matthew 16:18.
3. Who is the head of this church?
“And He [Christ] is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the first-born from the dead; that in all things He might have the pre-eminence,” Colossians 1:18.
4. Since Christ is the head of the church, then who is the head of Christ?
“But I would have you know that the head of every man is Christ . . . and the head of Christ is God,” I Corinthians 11:3.
5. As God is the head of Christ, and Christ built His church upon God the great head, by what name is this church called?
“Give none offence, neither to the Jews, nor to the Gentiles, nor to the Church of God,” I Corinthians 10:32.
6. Is the Church of God in Christ Jesus?
“For ye, brethren, became followers of the Churches of God which in Judea are in Christ Jesus,” I Thessalonians 2:14.
7. What church did Christ purchase with His own blood?
“Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath you overseers, to feed the Church of God, which He hath purchased with His own blood,” Acts 20:28.
8. What is the Church of God declared to be?
“But if I tarry long, that thou mayest know how thou oughtest to behave thyself in the house of God, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and ground of the truth,” I Timothy 3:15.
9. What church was located at Corinth?
“Unto the Church of God, which is at Corinth,” I Corinthians 1:2.
10. What are the members of this church called to be?
“Unto the Church of God . . . to them that are sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints,” I Corinthians 1:2.
11. By what are the lives of the saints or members of the Church of God governed?
“Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus,” Revelation 14:12.
12. By what name does Paul say the family of God, both in heaven and earth is called?
“For this cause I bow my knees unto the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, of whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named,” Ephesians 3:14, 15.
13. Of what church was Paul a persecutor?
“For I am the least of the apostles, that am not meet to be called an apostle, because I persecuted the Church of God,” I Corinthians 15:9. See also Galatians 1:13.
NOTE: At first we find the Apostle Paul was a persecutor of the Church of God, but after his conversion he became a member of the family he had, at one time tried to tear down. Even at the time of his conversion he was on a mission of persecution, but on the way he was stricken down. Being informed what to do he went forth from that place, no more to be a persecutor and opposer of Christ and His cause, but to become the greatest writer of the New Testament. May those who read these lines, if they oppose the name Church of God and the cause for which it stands, see the truth as did Paul of old, immediately turn from the way of disobedience, and be submissive to the will of God.