1. When Christ comes will He be in secret lodging for a time, and the news of His coming be made known by messengers, by telegraph, or by newspapers?
“Behold I have told you before. Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, He is in the desert, go not fourth; behold He is in the secret chambers, believe it not,” Matthew 24:25, 26.
2. Why are we admonished not to believe reports of Christ having come secretly, and that He is in the desert or in secret, somewhere?
“For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west: so shall also the coming of the Son of man be,” Matthew 24:27.
3. Does the Bible teach that His coming will be silent, or accompanied with noise and the sound of the trumpet?
“For the Lord Himself shall descend from heaven, with a shout, with the voice of the archangel and with the trump of God,” I Thessalonians 4:16.
4. Will the people of the world see Him when He comes?
“Behold He cometh with clouds and every eye shall see Him,” Revelation 1:7.
5. Will the sight of the coming of Christ from heaven, cause the wicked people of the earth to mourn?
“And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven, and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven, with power and great glory,” Matthew 24:30.
6. What will the great and mighty men do, in that day, to hide themselves from the presence of Christ who sitteth upon the throne, as he comes in the clouds of heaven?
“And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every freeman, hid themselves in the dens, and in the rocks of the mountains; and said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of Him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb. For the great day of His wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?” Revelation 6:15-17.
7. Who will accompany Christ when He returns to the earth?
“When the Son of man shall come in His glory, and all the holy angels with Him, then shall He sit upon the throne of His glory,” Matthew 25:31.
I often wonder as the hours
Of life pass swiftly by,
If when the trumpet sounds aloud
From out the thickening sky;
And he maketh up His jewels
Gathers to Himself His own,
Will we be among that number
That shall worship ’round His throne?
_ Leota Neal