1. Before leaving His disciples, what commission did Christ give them?
“And He said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature,” Mark 16:15.
2. What reward did He say would be given those who believed the gospel?
“He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned,” verse 16.
3. What is the gospel of Christ?
“For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek,” Romans 1:16.
4. How extensively and for how long a time should the gospel of the kingdom be preached?
“And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come,” Matthew 24:14.
5. For what reason was the gospel to be preached to the Gentiles?
“Simeon hath declared how God at the first did visit the Gentiles, to take out of them a people for His name,” Acts 15:14.
6. What description is given of those who preach the gospel?
“And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!” Romans 10:15.
7. What was the object of Christ’s ministry?
“I the Lord have called Thee in righteousness, and will hold thine hand, and will keep thee, and give thee for a covenant of the people, for a light of the Gentiles; to open the blind eyes, to bring out the prisoners from the prison, and them that sit in darkness out of the prison house,” Isaiah 42:6, 7.
8. For what purpose was the apostle Paul chosen, and sent to the Gentiles?
“But rise, and stand upon thy feet: for I have appeared unto thee for this purpose, to make thee a minister and a witness both of these things which thou hast seen, and of those things in the which I will appear unto thee . . . To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in Me,” Acts 26:16, 18.
9. What are the ministers of God commanded to preach?
“Preach the word,” II Timothy 4:2.
10. Why are they to preach thy word?
“All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness,” II Timothy 3:16.
11. How are they to preach this word?
“He that hath My word, let him speak My word faithfully,” Jeremiah 23:28.
12. What rule for teaching doctrine is laid down in the Bible?
“For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little,” Isaiah 28:10.
13. What disposition should the servant of God always manifest?
“And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, in meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth,” II Timothy 2:24, 25.
14. What promise is made to the faithful gospel minister?
“He that goeth forth and weepeth, bearing precious seed, shall doubtless come again with rejoicing, bringing his sheaves with him,” Psalms 126:6.
Now take the glad message to land and to the sea,
For Jesus is calling, O what is your plea?
Can you say, Yes, Lord, let Thy will be?
Here am I, Savior, why not send me?
God’s judgments and wrath are nearing their fate,
And the nations must know it before it’s too late;
So then take the pathway the third angel trod,
And teach them to worship the only true God.
Tell them the end of this age is at hand,
For Israel’s now gathering back to their land.
Tell them of Jesus, and of His great fame,
And soon He’ll return to Jerusalem again.
There He will reign the Lord of the earth,
Causing to cease all these nations’ mad rush;
On the throne prepared for the ages to come,
There He’ll reign as Lord, His name will be one.
_ E. F. Thorp