Lesson for September 22, 2018
ISAIAH, THE GOSPEL PROPHET
Scripture reading: Isaiah 53.
Memory verse: Isaiah 8:20.
Note. Isaiah prophesied in the days of Uzziah, Jatham, Ahaz and Hezekiah, or about 758 to 698 B.C. His prophecies of Christ are most amazing. Given seven centuries before Christ, their accuracy of fulfillments an outstanding testimony to the divine inspiration of the Bible.
- In what way did Isaiah foretell the birth of Christ? Isaiah 7:14.
- In what other way lid he prophesy of Christ? Isaiah 9:6, 7; 11:1-5.
- Why didn’t the people recognize Jesus as the Christ through a knowledge of these prophecies, and those of other prophets? Isaiah 6:9-12.
Note. Isaiah 53 is the outstanding prophecy of Christ. It briefly but beautifully sums up His mission as our Saviour, foretelling His rejection of men and His suffering in bearing our sins. A study of this one chapter should convince the most doubtful agnostic.
- Discuss Isaiah 53: 10-12.
- How was verse 8 fulfilled specifically?
Note. According to Rabbinical tradition, Isaiah was slain at the age of 90 years, by the command of Manasseh. He was supposedly sawn asunder in the trunk of a tree. It is believed by some that Hebrews 11:37 refers to his death.
P.S: Upcoming quarter lessons is available on the following link. Thanks.
BL Q4 2018