1. What commission did Christ give His disciples?
“Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost,” Matthew 28:19.
2. Before one is baptized, what is necessary for him to do?
“Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you,” Acts 2:38.
3. Toward whom must men repent?
“Testifying both to the Jews, and also to the Greeks, repentance toward God, and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ,” Acts 20:21.
4. Why should one repent toward God?
“For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God,” Romans 3:23.
5. What is sin declared to be?
“Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law,” I John 3:4.
6. Of what law is sin the transgression?
“For this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments: and His commandments are not grievous,” I John 5:3.
7. What does the law first do to the sinner who wishes conversion?
“For I was alive without the law once: but when the commandment came, sin revived, and I died,” Romans 7:9.
8. Why is it necessary for one to die in the sense here represented?
“Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with Him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin,” Romans 6:6.
9. If one dies, how is he to live again?
“Now if we be dead with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with Him,” Romans 6:8.
10. When one is dead with Christ, what should be done with him?
“Therefore we are buried with Him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life,” Romans 6:4.
11. How is one to be buried in baptism?
“For if we have been planted together in the likeness of His death, we shall be also in the likeness of His resurrection,” Romans 6:5.
12. For what purpose is one baptized?
“Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost,” Acts 2:38.
13. When baptized into Christ, what does one put on?
“For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ,” Galatians 3:27.
14. After Philip had preached “Jesus” to the eunuch, what question did he ask Philip?
“And as they went on their way, they came unto a certain water: and the eunuch said, See, here is water; what doth hinder me to be baptized?” Acts 8:36.
15. What reply did Philip make?
“And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest,” Acts 8:37.
16. In administering this ordinance, where did Philip take the candidate?
“And they went down both into the water, both Philip and the eunuch; and he baptized him,” Acts 8:38.
NOTE: This is a plain case of immersion.
17. Did Christ come up out of the water after He had been baptized?
“And Jesus, when He was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto Him, and He saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon Him: and lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is My beloved Son, in Whom I am well pleased,” Matthew 3:16, 17.
18. How many modes of baptism are recognized in the Bible?
“One Lord, one faith, one baptism,” Ephesians 4:5.
19. How many were baptized, and added to the church on the day of Pentecost?
“Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls,” Acts 2:41.
20. How many disciples were together on that occasion to engage in the work?
“And in those days Peter stood up in the midst of the disciples, and said, (the number of names together were about an hundred and twenty,)” Acts 1:15.
NOTE: Should the query arise, how so many as three thousand could be immersed in one day, it may be met by the fact that so large a number were present to administer the ordinance.
21. After repentance toward God and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ, how long should one wait before being baptized?
“And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord,” Acts 22:16.
22. What is necessary before being baptized?
“He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned,” Mark 16:16.
23. How many of the jailer’s family were baptized?
“And he took them the same hour of the night, and washed their stripes; and was baptized, he and all his, straightway,” Acts 16:33.
24. Were all the members of this family old enough to believe?
“And they spake unto him the word of the Lord, and to all that were in his house. And when he had brought them into his house, he set meat before them, and rejoiced, believing in God with all his house,” Acts 16: 32, 34.
25. Should both men and women be baptized?
“But when they believed Philip preaching the things concerning the kingdom of God, and the name of Jesus Christ, they were baptized, both men and women,” Acts 8:12.
26. After being baptized, what should one do?
“If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God,” Colossians 3:1.
Shalom. Baptism is a must for any repentant sinner. We only have one form of baptism in the name of Yahshua. I often wonder of those who get baptised when moving from one group to another. Why’s it so? Do you need to be baptised again to join the Kerugumis, the Karanjas and the Sois? STOP IT FORTHWITH!
Shalom. Baptism is a must for any repentant sinner. We only have one form of baptism in the name of Yahshua. I often wonder of those who get baptised when moving from one group to another. Why’s it so? Do you need to be baptised again to join the Kerugumis, the Karanjas and the Sois? STOP IT FORTHWITH! Study this lesson and elsewhere deligently before making wrong decisions.