1. Is it possible for one to serve two masters?
“No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon,” Matthew 6:24.
2. In what condition are those who are friends of the world?
“Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God,” James 4:4.
3. What words of instruction are given by John on this subject?
“Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world,” I John 2:15.
4. Is it possible for one to entertain the love of the Father, and of the world at the same time?
“If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him,” I John 2:15.
5. From what source does the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life come?
“For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world,” I John 2:16.
6. What will become of these?
“And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof,” I John 2:17.
7. What of those who show their love for God, by doing His will?
“But he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever,” I John 2:17.
8. What is the whole duty of man?
“Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep His commandments: for this is the whole duty of man,” Ecclesiastes 12:13.
9. In what way may we show our love for God?
“For this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments,” I John 5:3.
10. Are His commandments difficult and hard to bear?
“His commandments are not grievous,” I John 5:3.
11. In what way does Christ say for us to show our love for Him?
“If ye love Me, keep My commandments,” John 14:15.
12. Out of the multitudes of the earth, who are the ones that love the Son?
“He that hath My commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth Me,” John 14:21.
13. And whom will they be loved by?
“And He that loveth Me shall be loved of My Father, and I will love him, and will manifest Myself to him,” John 14:21.
14. What will one practice if they really love the Father and the Son?
“Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love Me, he will keep My words,” John 14:23.
15. By their daily life, who are the ones who have not love for God?
“He that loveth Me not keepeth not My sayings: and the word which ye hear is not Mine but the Father’s which sent me,” John 14:24.
16. Did Christ teach His own, or His Father’s commandments?
“For I have not spoken of Myself; but the Father Which sent Me, He gave Me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak,” John 12:49.
17. What is love?
“And this is love, that we walk after His commandments. This is the commandment, That, as ye have heard from the beginning, ye should walk in it,” II John 6. See also I John 5:3 and Exodus 20:3-17.
18. In what way may we know that the love of God is perfected in us?
“But whoso keepeth His word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in Him,” I John 2:5.
Leave A Comment