1. For what does Hosea say some will be destroyed?
“My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge,” Hosea 4:6.
2. What words of instruction are given by Isaiah?
“Seek ye out of the book of the Lord, and read: no one of these shall fail,” Isaiah 34:16.
3. Through what source did Christ say one could learn of Him?
“Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of Me,” John 5:39.
4. Why could they learn of Christ by searching the scriptures?
“For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed Me: for he wrote of Me,” John 5:46.
5. What does Paul tell us to do?
“Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth,” II Timothy 2:15.
6. Will all the evidence on any one subject be found in one place?
“For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little and there a little,” Isaiah 28:10; see also verse 13.
NOTE: Or in other words, appeal to each of the Bible writers and find out what they all have to say about any one subject.
7. By whose authority were the scriptures given?
“All scripture is give by inspiration of God,” II Timothy 3:16.
8. For what is it profitable?
“And is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness,” II Timothy 3:16.
9. Why are they profitable for the foregoing?
“That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works,” II Timothy 3:17.
10. What knowledge will one gain from a study of the scriptures?
“And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus,” II Timothy 3:15.
11. How does Christ say one can be made free?
“And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free,” John 8:32.
12. What is declared to be truth?
“Sanctify them through Thy truth: Thy word is truth,” John 17:17. See also Psalm 119:142.
13. What are God’s ministers to preach?
“Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine,” II Timothy 4:2.
14. What of those who teach otherwise?
“But though we, or an angel from heaven preach any other gospel unto you . . . let him be accursed,” Galatians 1:8.
15. For what were Bereans commended?
“These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so,” Acts 17:11.
16. In studying the scriptures whose guidance are we to seek?
“If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God,” James 1:5.
17. For what purpose were these things written?
“For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope,” Romans 15:4.
O that the Lord would guide my ways
To keep His statutes still!
O that my God would grant me grace
To know and do His will!
Order my footsteps by Thy word,
And make my heart sincere;
Let sin have no dominion, Lord,
But keep my conscience clear.
Make me to walk in Thy command
Tis a delightful road;
Nor let my head, nor heart, nor hands
Offend against my God.
_ Isaac Watts
Leave A Comment