Lesson for December 4, 2021
WORSHIPPING GOD WITH OUR INCOME
Scripture reading: Romans 10.
Memory verse: Romans 10:15.
- What commission did Jesus give His disciples after resurrection? Matt 28:19-20.
- What is the object of preaching the gospel? Mark 16:15-16.
- Upon what authority were they sent to preach? Matt. 28:18; John 20:21.
- After the gospel is preached, what is the sinner’s obligation? Rom. 10:13; Acts 2:37-38.
- What are the necessary steps to bring the gospel to sinner’s Rom. 10:14-15.
Note. Hearing and believing are two primary elements in salvation. Upon these the “calling on Him” is based, which is a third element. But these three are still contingent on the sending and preaching. One who is filled with God’s love for souls may devote some time in his vicinity to bring them to Christ. But when stakes are strengthened and the cards are lengthened then sending of messengers becomes necessary.
- What authority did Paul ask about those who go into various services for God? 1 Cor. 9:7.
- What authority did Paul cite for this? Verses 8, 9.
- For whose sake did he say this was written? Verse 10.
- What are further statements of Paul concerning this subject? Verse 11-17.
- Where should we bring our tithes and offering for the support of the ministry? Mal. 3:10.
- Does the Lord want our worship in our offerings to be done with a pure heart? Matt. 5:23-24.
Note. Giving our tithes and offerings is one part of our worship to God which is essential as all others; thanksgiving, prayer, and praise.