Lesson for February 24, 2018
NOAH, A JUST MAN
Scripture reading: Genesis 6:5-18.
Memory verse: Hebrews 11:7.
- Which of Noah’s ancestors was a great man of God? Genesis 5:21-32.
Note. — Enoch prophesied of the flood when he named his son “Methuselah”, which means “At his death, the sending forth of waters”. Methuselah died the year of the flood.
- What was the condition in the land in Noah’s day? Genesis 6:5, 12.
- What did God decide to do about this? Genesis 6:7, 13, 17.
- Why was Noah not destroyed? Genesis 6:8, 18. Discuss verse 9. Margin on “perfect” is upright.
- Discuss the building of the ark, provisions with which it was stocked, and its passengers.
- Note chapter 7:5. Does this have any important significance?
- What happened after the flood receded? Genesis 8:13-21.
- What promise did God make? Verse 22. What charge did He give? Genesis 9:1-7.