Lesson for June 8, 2019
Scripture reading: James 3.
Memory verse: Matthew 15:11.
- What does the Bible say about the tongue? James 3:6, 8.
- What is one thing that distinguishes a fool from a prudent man? Proverbs 12:23.
- What do they, who are “void of wisdom”? Proverbs 11:12.
- What does the Bible call those who destroy their neighbor by slanderish talk? Proverbs 11:9.
- If we are to have a faithful spirit, what must we do? Proverbs 11:13.
- Should we count it a small matter when we have kindled a little fire with the tongue? James 3:5.
Note. — Every raging forest fire has a small beginning. So it is with the little fires of the tongue. They may start small, but soon spread engulfing and marring many.
- What evidence must a wise man show to prove his authenticity? James 3:13.
- Of what does the “wisdom that is from above” consist? James 3:17.
- Is ordering your conversion aright a matter of life and death? Proverbs 13:3.
- What must a man do to be perfect? James 3:2; 4:8, 10.