1. To what place did the Lord descend when He wrote the ten commandment law on tables of stone?
“And be ready against the third day: for the third day the Lord will come down in the sight of all the people upon Mount Sinai,” Exodus 19:11.
2. What extraordinary events happened the third day when God came down upon the mount?
“And it came to pass on the third day in the morning, that there were thunders and lightnings, and a thick cloud upon the mount, and the voice of the trumpet exceedingly loud; so that all the people that was in the camp trembled,” Exodus 19:16.
3. What effect did the presence of God have upon Mount Sinai when He descended to give this law?
“And Mount Sinai was altogether on a smoke, because the Lord descended upon it in fire; and the smoke thereof ascended as the smoke of a furnace, and the whole mount quaked greatly,” Exodus 19:18.
4. When God had finished talking with Moses upon the mountain, what did He give Moses?
“And He gave unto Moses, when He had made an end of communion with him upon Mount Sinai, two tables of testimony, tables of stone written with the finger of God,” Exodus 31:18.
5. What did Moses do after he received these tables of stone from the hands of God?
“And Moses turned and went down from the mount: and the two tables of testimony were in his hand: the tables were written on both their sides; on the one side and on the other were they written,” Exodus 32:15.
6. What further is said of these two tables of stone and of the nature of the writings upon them?
“And the tables were the work of God and the writing was the writing of God, graven upon the tables,” Exodus 32:16.
7. How many precepts or commandments were contained in this law which was given to man written with the finger of God?
“And He wrote on the tables, according to the first writing, the ten commandments,” Deuteronomy 10:4.
8. What was the nature of these ten commandments, contained in this law of God, and what evils did they forbid man to commit?