1. In what way should parents train their children?
“Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it,” Proverbs 22:6.
2. What does Paul say about child training?
“And, ye fathers, provoke not your children to wrath: but bring them up in the nurture and admonition of the Lord,” Ephesians 6:4.
3. How diligently should parents teach their children the ways of God’s word?
“And these words, which I command thee this day, shall be in thine heart: and thou shalt teach them diligently unto thy children, and shalt talk of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, and when thou liest down, and when thou risest up,” Deuteronomy 6:6, 7; see Deuteronomy 11:19.
4. What life should we live before the young?
“Let no man despise thy youth; but be thou an example of the believers, in word, in conversation, in charity, in spirit, in faith, in purity,” I Timothy 4:12.
5. In the commandment what duty does God require of children?
“Honor thy father and thy mother,” Exodus 20:12.
6. What promise is made to the child that will honor his or her parents, in the Lord?
“That thy days may be long upon the land which the Lord thy God giveth thee,” Exodus 20:12.
7. In what way did Abraham train his children?
“Seeing that Abraham shall surely become a great and mighty nation, and all the nations of the earth shall be blessed in him? For I know him, that he will command his children and his household after him, and they shall keep the way of the Lord, to do justice and judgment; that the Lord may bring upon Abraham that which He hath spoken of him,” Genesis 18:18, 19.
8. What is to be one of the prominent sins of the last days?
“For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,” II Timothy 3:2.
9. Should the child honor the old?
“Thou shalt rise up before the hoary head, and honor the face of the old man, and fear thy God: I am the Lord,” Leviticus 19:32.
10. What are some good fruits of proper child training?
“Correct thy son, and he shall give thee rest; yea, he shall give delight unto thy soul,” Proverbs 29:17.
11. What will be the result if the child goes uncorrected?
“The rod and reproof give wisdom: but a child left to himself bringeth his mother to shame,” Proverbs 29:15.
12. Is there danger of delaying correction too long?
“Chasten thy son while there is hope, and let not thy soul spare for his crying,” Proverbs 19:18.
13. How may the parent show love for the child?
“He that spareth his rod hateth his son; but he that loveth him chasteneth him betimes,” Proverbs 13:24.
14. Whom does the Lord chasten?
“For whom the Lord loveth He chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom He receiveth,” Hebrews 12:6.
15. At what age should one remember their Creator?
“Remember now thy Creator in the days of thy youth, while the evil days come not, nor the years draw nigh, when thou shalt say, I have no pleasure in them,” Ecclesiastes 12:1.