1. What does Christ declare Himself to be?
“Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by Me,” John 14:6.
2. In what condition are all men?
“But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe,” Galatians 3:22.
3. What is the penalty for sin?
“For the wages of sin is death,” Romans 6:23.
4. What is the gift of God?
“But the gift of God is eternal life,” Romans 6:23.
5. Through whom does eternal life come?
“Through Jesus Christ our Lord,” Romans 6:23.
6. How many may be made partakers of this wonderful gift?
“And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely,” Revelation 22:17.
7. After we have truly accepted Christ then what do we have in our possession?
“He that hath the Son hath life,” I John 5:12.
8. In what way are we in possession of eternal life at the present time?
“For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God,” Colossians 3:3.
9. When will this life be revealed, or made known?
“When Christ, Who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with Him in glory,” Colossians 3:4.
10. What is said of those who have not the Son?
“He that hath not the Son of God hath not life,” I John 5:12.
11. According to John, what is necessary for one to do in order to abide in Christ?
“He that saith he abideth in Him ought himself also so to walk, even as He walked,” I John 2:6.
12. In what way did Christ speak of His own life?
“Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth Me shall not walk in darkness but shall have the light of life,” John 8:12.
13. When one is following the instructions of Christ, whose life is made manifest?
“I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God,” Galatians 2:20.
14. Before we are quickened with Christ in what condition are we said to be?
“Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ,” Ephesians 2:5.
15. What is this change, or quickening said to be?
“For though ye have ten thousand instructors in Christ, yet have ye not many fathers, for in Christ Jesus I have begotten you through the gospel,” I Corinthians 4:15.
16. What is declared to be the one purpose of Christ’s death?
“Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, He also Himself likewise took part of the same; that through death He might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil,” Hebrews 2:14.
17. How do we become children of God?
“For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus,” Galatians 3:26.
18. In what way may we show that we have faith in Christ?
“Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works,” James 2:18.
19. With whom are the children of God joint heirs?
“If children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint heirs with Christ,” Romans 8:17.
20. Through whom will Abraham, and his seed receive the promise of the future inheritance?
“Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ,” Galatians 3:16.
21. Is there salvation in any other than Christ?
“Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved,” Acts 4:12.
We are living, we are dwelling,
In a grand and awful time;
In an age on ages telling_
To be living is sublime.
Hark! The waking up of nations
Gog and Magog to the fray;
Hark! what soundeth? Is creation
Groaning for the latter day?
Christian, rouse and arm for conflict,
Nerve thee for the battle field;
Bear the helmet of salvation,
And the mighty gospel shield;
Let the breastplate, peace, be on thee,
Take the Spirit’s sword in hand;
Boldly, fearlessly, go forth, then,
In Jehovah’s strength to stand.