1. In what way did Christ speak to the multitude?
“All these things spake Jesus unto the multitude in parables,” Matthew 13:34.
2. What is a parable?
3. Did Christ speak to the multitudes without a parable?
“But without a parable spake He not unto them: and when they were alone, He expounded all things to His disciples,” Mark 4:34.
4. To what did Christ liken the kingdom of heaven?
“Another parable put He forth unto them, saying, The kingdom of heaven is likened unto a man which sowed good seed in his field,” Matthew 13:24.
5. Who is the man that sowed the good seed in his field?
“He answered and said unto them, He that soweth the good seed is the Son of Man,” Matthew 13:37.
6. What is this field in which the good seed were sown?
“The field is the world,” verse 38.
7. To what do the good seed refer?
“The good seed are the children of the kingdom,” verse 38.
8. After the good seed had been sown, and while men slept, what did the enemy do?
“But while men slept, His enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat, and went his way,” verse 25.
9. When the wheat commenced to grow what appeared with it?
“But when the blade was sprung up, and brought forth fruit, then appeared the tares also,” verse 26.
10. To what do the tares have reference?
“But the tares are the children of the wicked one,” verse 38.
11. And who is the enemy that sowed them?
“The enemy that sowed them is the devil,” verse 39.
12. What question did the servants ask concerning the tares?
“The servants said unto Him, Wilt thou then that we go and gather them up?” verse 28.
13. What answer did they receive?
“But He said, Nay; lest while ye gather up the tares, ye root up also the wheat with them,” verse 29.
14. How long will they be allowed to grow together?
“Let both grow together until the harvest,” verse 30.
15. What is the harvest here referred to?
“The harvest is the end of the world,” verse 39.
16. At the time of harvest what will be said to the reapers?
“Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into My barn,” verse 30.
17. Who will act as reapers?
“The reapers are the angels,” verse 39.
18. What things will be gathered out of the kingdom?
“The Son of man shall send forth His angels, and they shall gather out of His kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity,” verse 41.
19. Where will they be put?
“And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth,” verse 42.
20. Then what will become of the righteous?
“Then shall the righteous shine forth as the sun in the kingdom of their Father. Who hath ears to hear let him hear,” verse 43.
Wicked spirits gather round thee,
Legions of those foes to God_
Principalities most mighty_
Walk unseen the earth abroad;
They are gathering to the battle,
Strengthened for the last deep strife;
Christian, arm! Be watchful, ready,
Struggle manfully for life.