1. By whom and when were both the heavens and the earth made?
“In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth,” Genesis 1:1.
2. For what purpose did God make the heavens and the earth?
“For thus saith the Lord, that created the heavens: God Himself that formed the earth and made it; He hath established it, He created it not in vain: He formed it to be inhabited,” Isaiah 45:18.
3. What do the Scriptures state that the heavens declare?
“The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth His handiwork,” Psalm 19:1.
4. To whom is worship and adoration at all times due?
“O come, let us worship and bow down: let us kneel before the Lord our maker,” Psalm 95:6.
5. What will become of the graven images and false gods of the heathen?
“Thus shall ye say unto them, the gods that have not made the heavens and the earth, even they shall perish from the earth and from under these heavens,” Jeremiah 10:11.
6. How does God contrast His own power with that of false gods, and in what way does He inform us to distinguish between them?
“Let them bring them forth, and shew us what shall happen: let them shew the former things what they be, that we may consider them: and know the latter end of them, or declare us things for to come. Shew the things that are to come hereafter, that we may know that ye are gods,” Isaiah 41:22, 23.
7. Who created man, and whose likeness is he?
“So God created man in His own image, in the image of God created He him, male and female created He them,” Genesis 1:27.
8. The character and power of man is just a little inferior to what great class of God’s creatures?
“What is man that Thou art mindful of him? And the son of man that Thou visitest him? For Thou hast made him a little lower than the angels, and hast crowned him with glory and honour,” Psalm 8:4, 5.
9. What home did God first give man after his creation?
“And the Lord God planted a garden eastward in Eden, and there He put the man whom He had formed,” Genesis 2:8.
10. What did the Lord provide for food for this man, and what did He give him to do?
“And out of the ground made the Lord God to grow every tree that is pleasant to the sight, and good for food . . . . And the Lord God took the man, and put him into the garden of Eden to dress it and to keep it,” Genesis 2:9, 15.
11. What great lesson may we learn through the things that are made?
“For the invisible things of Him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made: even His eternal power and Godhead: so that they are without excuse,” Romans 1:20.
12. In view of the curse upon this earth by reason of disobedience and sin, what hath our Creator promised?
“For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered nor come into mind,” Isaiah 65:17.
Praise God for Christ
All praise to Thee, eternal Lord,
Clothed in a garb of flesh and blood;
Choosing a manger for Thy throne,
While worlds on worlds are Thine alone!
Once did the skies before Thee bow;
A virgin’s arms contain Thee now:
Angels, who did Thee rejoice,
Now listen to Thine infant voice.
A little child, Thou art our guest,
That weary ones in Thee may rest;
Forlorn and lowly is Thy birth,
That we may rise up from this earth.
Thou comest in the darksome night
To make us children of the light;
To make us, in the realms divine,
Like Thine own angels round Thee shine.
All this for us Thy love hath done;
By this to Thee our life is won;
For this we tune our cheerful lays,
And tell our thanks in songs of praise. _ Martin Luther
Leave A Comment