1. In what way will God manifest Himself toward those who love Him?
“Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love Me, he will keep My words; and My Father will love him, and We will come unto him, and make Our abode with him,” John 14:23.
2. What relation is thus brought about between God and the one who loves Him?
“I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people .
. . and will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be My sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty,” II Corinthians 6:16-18.
3. Can such relation exist, and one not know it?
“Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth Him: but ye know Him; for He dwelleth with you, and shall be in you,” John 14:17.
4. What does the Lord give to every one who follows Him?
“Peace I leave with you, My peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid,” verse 27.
5. He says, “Not as the world giveth.” What does the world have to give those who have the Lord’s peace?
“These things I have spoken unto you, that in Me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world,” John 16:33.
6. How will a truly converted man feel toward the law?
“For I delight in the law of God after the inward man,” Romans 7:22.
7. What will the Lord do for him for thus regarding the law?
“But his delight is in the law of the Lord; and in His law doth he meditate day and night. And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper,” Psalm 1:2, 3.
8. What principle will control the true child of God?
“And He answering said, Thou shalt love the Lord Thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbor as thyself,” Luke 10:27.
9. What is the relation of love and law?
“Love worketh no ill to his neighbor: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law,” Romans 13:10.
10. What assurance is given to those who love one another?
“If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and His love is perfected in us. Hereby know we that we dwell in Him, and He in us, because He hath given us of His Spirit,” I John 4:12, 13.
11. How will God prove every one He loves?
“As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent,” Revelation 3:19.
12. How will such experience seem?
“Now no chastening for the present seemeth to be joyous, but grievous: nevertheless afterward it yieldeth the peaceable fruit of righteousness unto them which are exercised thereby,” Hebrews 12:11.
13. Why does the Lord chasten His children?
“For they verily for a few days chastened us after their own pleasure; but He for our profit, that we might be partakers of His holiness,” verse 10.
14. What will be the experience of those who open the door of their hearts and let Jesus in?
“If any man hear My voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with Me,” Revelation 3:20.
15. What were the feelings of the two disciples who talked with Jesus on the way to Emmaus?
“And they said one to another, Did not our hearts burn within us, while He talked with us by the way, and while He opened to us the Scriptures?,” Luke 24:32.
Lord, may thy glorious kingdom come,
Thy righteous will on earth be done
When peace shall reign from shore to shore,
And nations shall learn war no more.
When Christ shall come to earth again
And God Himself shall dwell with man,
One people and one God will be
Throughout a vast eternity
Yes, death itself will then be o’er,
Sickness and sorrow be no more,
When we shall reach that peaceful shore
And be forever blessed.
_ Lavina Leach