Lesson for April 1, 2023
CHRIST’S OBEDIENCE TO GOD – CHRIST’S SUFFERING FOR OUR SALVATION
Scripture reading: Isaiah 53.
Memory verse: Hebrews 2:9, 10.
- To what is Christ likened in growing up? Isaiah 53:2.
- What did the people who walked in darkness see? Isaiah 9:2.
- What nature did Jesus take on Himself when He came to earth to redeem His people? Hebrews 2: 16.
- Whom did He wish to be made like? Verse 17, 18.
- Why was He called Jesus? Matthew 1:21.
- What other name did He give Himself? John 10:11.
- For what purpose did Christ come into this world? 1 Timothy 1:15.
- How great was God’s love for the world? John 3:16.
- What great gift does a Christian acquire of God through Christ? Romans 6:23 (last part).
- What power was given regarding His sacrifice for His own? By whom was it given? John 10:17, 18.
- Were the sufferings of Christ many and varied? Isaiah 53:8-10.
- With whom did He make His grave? Verse 9.
Note. – Christ, our great example, went away doing good, and suffered much hardship for us, ill treatment, even death, but He conquered death and ascended into Heaven, and is making intercession for us at the right hand of God the Father. Let us be willing to work for Him in helping to win precious souls for His eternal Kingdom, and suffer for Him, even unto death if need be.