Lesson for April 14, 2018
Scripture reading: 2 Peter 2nd chapter.
Memory verse: Phil. 3:14.
- What steps are necessary in the campaign for eternal life? Heb. 11:6; Acts 3:19; Gal. 3:27.
- For what great prize are we to seek earnestly? Phil. 3:14.
- In order to assure our election, what special caution and admonition is given? 2 Peter 1:10.
- Through a life of diligence and profitable service to the Lord, into what kingdom shall we be admitted, and what is the enduring nature of its citizenship? 2 Peter 1:11.
- After having been received as candidates for this inheritance where should our greatest interest be centered? Col. 3:1, 2.
- What should we mediate upon and earnestly labour for? Phil. 3:20.
- The mind of Christ was filled with thoughts of missionary work; and as labourers for the high calling He has gained, what mind should we possess? Phil. 2:5.
- In order that our minds might dwell upon the things which concerned Christ the most, is it necessary for us to learn of His life and labors? Phil 3:8, first part; 2 Peter 3:18.
- That we may obtain the heavenly heights to which we aspire, what is it necessary for us to know? Phil. 3:10, 11.
- What must we forget, and unto what should we reach forward? Phil. 3:13.
- As the campaign proceeds what are we instructed to lay aside, and what are we told to desire? 1 Peter 2:1, 2.
- While striving to overcome this world and fleshly lust, what are we instructed to do always? Eph. 6:18.