Lesson for April 15, 2023
FOLLOWING IN HIS STEPS
Scripture Reading: Philippians 2:1-18.
Memory Verse: Philippians 2:5.
- What mind should be in us respecting the salvation of our fellow-men? Philippians 2:4,5.
- What warning did Our Saviour give concerning covetousness? Luke 12:15.
Note. How apparent that the ways of this present world are in opposition to the ways of heaven. We are not to love the world, neither the things that are in the world. 1 John 2:15. Money measures a person’s standing and popularity today in every part of the world. His greatness is considered almost universally by what he owns and possesses. Satan offered our Saviour the kingdoms of this world, if He would serve him, but He spurned the offer. His servants must do the same, and store treasures in heaven, and not on the earth.
- Should we seek to walk according to the flesh or by the presence of the Spirit? Romans 8:4,5.
- What is said of the troubled conditions of the hearts of men, just before the Messiah returns? Luke 21:24-26.
Note. How wonderfully was this prophecy fulfilled, with the Jews scattered in every part of the world, and Jerusalem trodden down by the Gentiles for nearly two thousand years. Now, however, we see them returning to Jerusalem and Israel from every country. They are gathered there now from the nations, and we behold the distress and perplexity that is everywhere seen among all nations. The hearts of men are also filled with fear, of the things coming to pass upon the world just as the Saviour said it would be preceding His return.
- What is our duty in this present time of darkness? Isaiah 60:1,2.
- What will be done with those who are unfruitful in the work of the Lord? John 15:2, and Matthew 25:30.
- With what should the labourers for Christ be clothed? Ephesians 6:10-18.
Note. “It is not by might nor by power, but by My Spirit”, Zech. 4:6, that the successful work is accomplished in the vineyard of the Master. It is the prayerful life, and the complete consecration depending wholly on the Spirit and power from above, to lead, and send conviction to hearts of the people. “Praying always, with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit”
- What are parents commanded to teach their children? Deuteronomy 6:6,7.
- Are we considered to be of the same family as the angels of heaven? Ephesians 3:14,15. Revelation 22:8,9.
Note. From this scripture, we notice it does not speak of families in the plural, but of just one family, of which the angels are a part. They are more powerful, yet these unseen guests and messengers encamp around about the faithful ones. The faithful ones depend fully upon the intervening hand from above to lead them, and to direct and protect them.
- What beautiful promise has the Lord given that our efforts and sacrifice will not be in vain, as we work for the lost ones? Isaiah 55:10,11.
- What kind of a giver does the Lord love? 2 Corinthians 9:6-15.
- What are the questions we are commanded to avoid, and why? 2 Timothy 2:23-25.