Lesson for August 15, 2020
ISRAEL AND GENTILE TIMES
Scripture reading: Luke 21:24-38.
Memory verse: Luke 21:36.
- What did the Lord Jesus say concerning the tribulation of the Jewish people and the period of their dispersion? Luke 21:24.
- As Gentile times are coming to an end, what conditions will prevail on the earth? Verse 25, 26.
Note. — Gentile times did not begin in one certain day, or even in a certain year, but over a period of time. As Israel gradually lost interest and drifted into unbelief, the Gentiles gradually became interested. Today this is happening in reverse: Gentiles are rapidly turning away from the Lord, and Israel is becoming interested.
- How long was Jerusalem to be trodden down by the Gentiles? Luke 21:24.
- How long was the period of blindness to remain over Israel and the Jewish people? Romans 11:25.
- Will the Lord receive the Jewish people and graft them again into their own tame olive tree? Romans 11:23, 24.
- How is the receiving of them again associated with the resurrection? Verse 15.
- According to the prophet Ezekiel, when Israel returns to their land, will they also be given the Spirit, land a change of heart? Ezekiel 36:24-26.
- What conditions will prevail in the land of Israel regarding sprinkling of clean water (the Word) on the Jews? Verse 25.
- When the Lord Jesus returns to the Mount of Olives, will He come to people living in sin, or will He come to a people who have already turned from their transgressions? Isaiah 59:20.
- Will it be after the Lord comes that Israel will seek the Lord here at Jerusalem? Or will it be “in the last days”? Hosea 3:4, 5: 5:15.
- After the Lord gathers the Jews back to the land of Israel, will He send Pastors to teach them the ways of righteousness? Jeremiah 3:14, 15.
Leave A Comment