Lesson for August 4, 2018
FAITH AND VICTORY
Scripture reading: Romans 10:12-21.
Memory verse: Romans 10:17.
- How does faith come? Rom, 10:17.
- Note that the Word was nigh in the days of Moses, but they lacked faith, Deut. 30:14-15.
- Was faith easy to acquire in the days of Paul? Rom 10:8.
- What scripture indicates that we are to exercise our faith? Heb. 2:4, 10:38.
- Does the way become clearer as we go forward day by day living a life of faith? Prov. 4:18.
- Did Abraham prove his faith by his works? Gen. 22:12.
- What does James say about faith and works? James 2:20, 26.
- How is faith made perfect? James 2:21, 22.
- How impossible is it to attain righteousness in our own strength and effort without seeking and receiving the Spirit? Jer. 13:23; Isa. 64:6.
- Who only can cleanse us from sin, and how? Acts 4:12; Luke 11:11-13.
- By whose power within us can we withstand temptation, and against what power do we wrestle? Eph. 6:10-12.
- What is our shield and protection? Eph. 6:16, 17.
- Are trials and temptations which we overcome by faith of any value? 1 Pet. 1:7, 8, 9.
- When our faith is real, how will we use our talents and our lives, and what will be the result? Matt. 25:20, 21.