Lesson for July 28, 2018
Scripture reading: Luke 16:1-15
Memory verse: Luke 16:10
- What was a common method of Jesus’ teaching? Mark 4:33, 34.
- In the parable of the steward, with what was the steward charged? Luke 16:1.
- What was the steward asked to do? Luke 16:2.
- What is a requirement of stewards? 1 Cor. 4:2.
Note. A steward is one who manages or is in charge of another person’s goods. Just as earthly stewards must give an account to their masters, so it is with us and God. Some day we must all give account of our stewardship to Him.
- What portion of our income does the Lord require? Lev. 27:30, 32.
- How much of the tithe should be brought into the Lord’s treasury? Malachi 3:10.
- How can we rob God? What will be the result? Mai. 3:8, 9.
Note. If we are employed for a wage or salary, engaged in farming or any other industry, we are but stewards over our income.
- Has God promised special protection to the farmers who are faithful tithe payers? Mal. 3:11.
- When we fail to pay tithe, what happens to the ministers? Neh. 13:10.
- If a church becomes slack in tithe paying, what should the leaders do? Neh. 13:11.
- What does the Apostle Paul say about ministers receiving tithes? 1 Cor. 9:9-11, 13.
- Paul apologized to the Corinthian brethren; What for? 2 Cor. 11:7, 8 and 12:13.
Note. If we are faithful stewards, God will most certainly bless us. Psalms 50:14, 15.