Lesson for July 21, 2018
WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO BE CONVERTED
Scripture reading: Colossians 3:1-17.
Memory verse: Acts 3:19.
- How did Jesus speak of conversion? Matthew 18:3.
- Why is conversion necessary? Romans 8:6, 7.
- What two things play a prominent part in conversion? Acts 20:21.
- When we meet these requirements, what does God promise? Acts 3:19.
- What simile does Paul use in describing the putting off of sin? Romans 6:1-7.
- What are we to do after repentance and conversion? Romans 6:4.
Note. Paul had a wonderful experience of conversion. A complete change took place in his life when he was made to realize the error of his way. Instead of persecuting Christ and His followers as he had done aforetime, he began himself to preach the Gospel message with exceeding vigor.
- How does the Old Testament describe conversion? Ezekiel 18:30, 31.
- What does the Old Testament say we should do in conversion? Isaiah 55:6, 7.
- What does the New Testament say of this new life? 2 Corinthians 5:17; Colossians 3:1-10.
- After we are baptized, what are we told to do? 2 Peter 3:18; 1 John 1:7.
Note. Christianity is a day by day, step by step experience. Sometimes we can make great strides of advancement in spirituality, and other times we can only mark time; but remember, through it all, sunshine or rain, God is an ever present help. We will not go wrong if we just keep humble before Him, and keep on praying and hungering after righteousness.