Lesson for February 13, 2021
THE TRUE GOSPEL IS LIGHT AND POWER
Scripture reading: 1 Cor. 1:1-24.
Memory verse: 1 Cor. 1:26.
- What did Paul tell us about the power of the gospel? Romans 1:16.
- When Jacob’s name was changed to Israel, what is said about him having power, both with the Father and also with men? Genesis 32:28.
- How much power did our Saviour possess, in bringing to his assistance these unseen messengers from heaven? Matt. 26:53, 54.
- When received into the true church, the body of Christ, are we numbered with, and also a member of the family of angels? Ephesians 3:14-16.
- Are the angels of heaven really our own brothers in the same faith with the same Father? Rev. 22:8, 9.
- When the final judgments are in the earth, and the seven last plagues are upon the whole world, who will deliver the faithful members of this one family? Psalms 91:10, 11.
- What is the reason given for the angels delivering the true members of this holy family in the time of trouble? Verse 14; Daniel 12:1.
Note: These are two reasons given here for deliverance in this time of trouble. One is “setting our love upon the Father”, the sign of which is keeping His commandments (1 John 5:3), and the other is because we have known His Name.
- What is said of this chosen family in regard to light? Matt. 5:14-16.
- In this time of darkness what command is given for us to send out the true light? Isaiah 60:1, 2.
- Will this family, of which the angels are a part, know something about the times and seasons in which we live, and are they known as the children of light? 1 Thess. 5:1-6.
- Before He comes to judge the earth, what particular place is mentioned out of which this light will shine? Psalms 50:1-5.