Lesson for February 6, 2021
THE FRUIT OF THE SPIRIT
Scripture reading: Galatians 5:14-26.
Memory verse: Galatians 5:22, 23.
- What did Jesus say concerning the Kingdom of God? Luke 17:21 (last part). See margin also.
- By whet spiritual experience is the Kingdom of God established in the heart? Romans 14:17.
- Where does the Spirit of God dwell? 1 Corinthians 3:16; 6:19.
- After surrendering to the Lord’s direction, what must be actively exercised in order to receive the blessing of the Spirit? Galatians 3:14.
- What illustration did Jesus use in distinguishing between the false and the true? Matthew 7:15-20.
- What fruit is born in the life of one in whom the Spirit dwells? Galatians 5:22, 23.
- What is said of the fruit first mentioned? 1 Corinthians 13:13. Colossians 3:14.
- What emphasis does the apostle Paul place upon the necessity of possessing love? 1 Corinthians 13:1-3.
- How is love manifested? Verse 4-7.
Note, — The one who stands nearest to Christ will be the one that has drunk most deeply of the spirit of self sacrificing love — love that vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up — seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil, it is the love that moved our Lord to give all, to live and labor and sacrifices even unto death, for the saving of humanity.
- How do we obtain this great love? Romans 5:5.
- What does love do? Proverbs 10:12; 1 Peter 4:8.
- What is said of all Christian virtues? Galatians 5:23.
Leave A Comment