Lesson for February 2, 2019
IMMERSION, GOD’S MODE OF BAPTISM
Scripture Reading: Matthew 3.
Memory verse: Colossians 2:12
- The baptism of Jesus, how and by whom was it performed? Matthew 3:13-16.
- What does the apostle Paul have to say with reference to the mode of baptism in his day? Colossians 2:12.
- After Paul and Silas were miraculously released from prison, what very important person and family were converted and baptized? Acts 16:29-33.
- How should we walk after we are baptized, or buried with Him in baptism? Romans 6:4.
- How do we put on Christ? Galatians 3:27.
- Are we by immersion baptized into Christ’s death? Romans 6:3-4.
- By whom, and in what way, was the converted eunuch baptized? Acts 8:38.
- How many modes of baptism are there? Ephesians 4:5.
- Were there many converted and baptized after hearing Peter’s sermon on the day of Pentecost? Acts 2:41.
- Were there others who believed and were baptized after hearing Philip’s preaching concerning the kingdom of God and Jesus Christ? Acts 8:12.
- Why did John baptize in Aenon? John 3:23.
Note. The above verses substantiate the fact that immersion is the right mode of baptism. If sprinkling is sufficient, why should John want so much water for baptizing? Sprinkling is erroneous, and is a very sad situation that so many have been deceived by such doctrine and still want to hold on to it. Let us pray that they may see the true light and accept true light and accept God’s plan of salvation in its fullness.
Leave A Comment