Lesson for February 23, 2019
LOVING ONE ANOTHER
Scripture reading: John 14:15-31.
Memory verse: John 14:21.
- What is one of the attributes of God? 1 John 4:8, 16.
- How did God reveal His love to the world? John 3:16; Romans 5:8; Ephesians 2:4,5.
- What is required of everyone who accepts Christ as their personal Saviour? John 13:34; 15:9, 10, 12.
- How may the world know that we are followers of Christ Jesus? John 13:35.
- Through what agency do we receive this love? Romans 5:5.
- What is the only thing we are admonished to owe any man? Romans 13:8 (first part).
- What do we do when we love one another? Verse 8 (last part).
- How did our Lord emphasize this same truth? Matthew 22:34-40.
- How do we approve our love for one another? Galatians 5:14,15.
Note: On our love to God, and our fellow man, hang all the law and the prophets. If we harm our brother through gossip it is evident that the love which God shed in our hearts has leaked out to some extent, for love worketh no ill to his neighbor.
- How did Jesus emphasize the greatness of His love for us? John 15:13.
- How has the Lord commanded us to love one another? Verse 12.
- What will this love cause us to put on? Colossians 3:12.