Lesson for February 8, 2020.
THE LIFE OF THE APOSTLES
Scripture Reading: Acts 2.
Memory Verse: Acts 2:42.
- Whose example did the Apostle Peter say that the followers of the Lord should use? I Peter 2:21; I John 2:6; Ephesians 5:1.
- In following the steps of Jesus, how zealous and enthusiastic were the apostles of Jesus; in response to the heavenly calling? Matthew 4:18-22; Mark 10:28.
- After forsaking their private engagements (works) for the sake of the Gospel, how did some, who were servants and top officials of the government of their country react? Luke 5:27-32; Philippians 3:7,8; Luke 19:1-8.
- Through what means were these devoted disciples of Jesus earning their livelihood? I Corinthians 4:12; Acts 18:3.
- Was there a unanimous and singleness of mind and heart in their midst? Acts 4:32; 2:46.
- What was the apostle’s attitude towards the calamity and welfare of their fellow-brethren? Ephesians 1:15-19.
- How did they suffer for the sake of Jesus and the Gospel? Hebrews 11:36-38.
- How generous were they? Acts 2:45; 4:32.
- How did they behave themselves towards the souls which were won to the Lord through their preaching? 1 Thessalonians 2:2; 5:7-10.
- What was their attitude towards persecution, afflictions and those who maltreated them? Acts 5:40,41; 2 Corinthians 12:10.
- How did Matthias get numbered with the eleven apostles? Was it by partiality, nomination, nepotism, voting or by casting of lot? Acts 1:23-26.
- How did they regard the assembling together of the brethren? Acts 2:42-46.