Lesson for February 1, 2020.
THE POWER OF THE SPIRIT IN THE LIFE
Scripture reading: Romans 8:1-14.
Memory verse: Romans 8:11.
- In order to be free from condemnation, how must the people of God walk? Rom. 8:1.
- How can we judge rightly and know that we are walking in the spirit? Rom. 8:4.
- What is the reward — both temporal and eternal to those who are spiritual-minded? Rom 8:6.
- What is a sure index of a person’s life? Matt. 12:34,37.
- What should be the daily prayer of everyone seeking a home in the Kingdom of God? Psa. 19:14.
- When the people of the Lord are spiritual-minded, what will their conversation be? Psa. 50:23.
- Is it possible to please God when we are in the natural ways of the flesh? Rom. 8:8.
- What is it that is necessary to abide in each child of God, that he may not follow the flesh? Rom. 8:9.
- If this spirit takes up its abode within us and remains, what work will finally be wrought? Rom. 8:11.
- How can we acquire the indwelling of the Holy Spirit? Luke 11:11-13.
- What important Christian virtue does the Holy Spirit shed abroad in our hearts? Rom. 5:5.
- In what way and by what power can we overcome the natural ways of the flesh? Rom. 8:13, 14.
- When led by the Spirit, where will we be storing our treasures? Matt. 6:19-21.