Lesson for January 14, 2023
PROPHECIES OF CHRIST’S COMING
Scripture Reading: Isaiah 53.
Memory Verse: Luke 18:31.
- In what words did Moses speak of Christ? Deuteronomy 18:15.
- How may we know that the prophet spoken of by Moses is the Christ? Acts 3:20-24.
- Of what wonderful sign did the prophet Isaiah, foretell? Isaiah 7:14.
- Was this prophecy fulfilled? Luke 1:26-31; 2:7; Matthew 1:22, 23.
- According to Micah where was Christ to be born? Micah 5:2.
- Was this prophecy fulfilled? Matthew 2:1.
- What prophecy concerning Jesus is found in Hosea? Hosea 11:1.
- Was this fulfilled? Matthew 2:18, 14, 19-23.
- How was Christ’s advent to be heralded? Isaiah 40:3.
- Was this fulfilled? Matthew 3:1-3; John 1:19-23.
- What did the prophet Isaiah say would befall Christ? Isaiah 53:7-9.
- Was this fulfilled? Luke 18:31-33; Matthew 27:29, 30, 41, 43,
Note. Truly the prophecies relative to the birth and death of Jesus have been most wonderfully fulfilled. Yea, even the letter. We may rest assured that the prophecies fulfilled to the letter.