Lesson for January 20, 2018
Scripture reading: Romans 5.
Memory verse: James 5:11.
- What may the followers of Christ Jesus expect in this life? John 16:33.
- How many of God’s children will be tried? 2 Timothy 3:12.
- How important is the trial of our faith? 1 Peter 1:6, 7; James 1:2-4.
- Who does the Lord chasten? Hebrews 12:6.
- What does the Lord do willingly? Lamentations 3:31, 33.
- If we trust and love the Lord, of what may we be sure? Romans 8:28.
- What virtues do patiently borne trials develop? Romans 5:3, 4; Hebrews 12:11.
- How should we regard even the severe trials of life? 1 Peter 4: 12, 13.
- What will God not permit? What will He always provide? 1 Corinthians 10:13.
- In what spirit should we meet all of our trials? Romans 12:12
- What must we expect before entering into that Kingdom of God? Acts 14:22; James 1:12.
Note. — The fact that we are called upon to endure trials shows that Jesus sees in us something very precious which He desires to develop. If He saw in us nothing whereby we might glorify His name, He would not spend time refining us.