Lesson for January 23, 2021
FAITH AND OBEDIENCE
Scripture Reading: 1 Corinthians 10:1-14.
Memory Verse: Hebrews 11:6.
- What did Jesus say of faith? Mark 9:23.
- What did Paul say of those who died in the wilderness? Hebrews 3:16, 17.
- Why could they not go into the Promised Land? Hebrews 3:19.
- In viewing their experience, how are we admonished? Hebrews 4:1, 2.
- How did the Israelites express their unbelief? Ezekiel 20:15, 16.
- What always follows true faith? James 2:18.
- Why are men’s failures of old written for us to read? 1 Corinthians 10:11.
- What did God command Saul to do? 1 Samuel 15:1-3.
- How did he carry out these instructions? 1 Samuel 15:7-9.
- How did Saul greet Samuel? What was their conversation? 1 Samuel 15:13-21.
- How did Samuel sum this up? 1 Samuel 15:22, 23.
- What was the cause of Saul’s untimely death? 1 Chronicles 10:13, 14.
- How does Paul exhort us to take heed to the word of the Lord? Hebrews 2:1-3.
- Will God’s wrath abide upon the disobedient? Ephesians 5:6; Colossians 3:6.
Note: Faith, (true believing), is obedience. And if we do not obey, then we have not really heard. Romans 10:17; Hebrews 5:9.