Lesson for January 16, 2021
IN THE WORLD BUT NOT OF THE WORLD
Scripture Reading: Deuteronomy 7:1-11.
Memory Verse: John 17:15.
- Who was the founder of a good share of these nations? 1 Chronicles 1:13-16; Genesis 10:15. Who was Canaan? Genesis 9:18.
- Were these nations to be destroyed and driven out immediately? Exodus 23:27-33; Deuteronomy 7:22.
- The Philistines continued for a long time to be real enemies of Israel. Were they closely related to the other tribes? 1 Chronicles 1:12; Genesis 10:7-11.
- How do you harmonize Deuteronomy 7:2 with Exodus 20:13?
- Why did the Lord not want them to intermarry with these heathen nations? Deuteronomy 7:3-4. But rather, how should they deal with them and why? Deuteronomy 7:5-6.
- Under the new covenant or testament teaching, God has called, and still is calling out a people for His Name. How are we to treat the world, or those not in Christ? Ephesians 5:1-7.
- Is this in accord with the words of Jesus? Matthew 5:21-26, 38-48.
- A good lesson for separation of influences, good and evil, will be found in 2 Corinthians 6:14-16. What then, are we to do about it? 2 Corinthians 6:17-18.
- What do you understand by being in the world but not of the world? John 17:6, 11,12,15,16.