Lesson for July 18, 2020
AS IT WAS IN THE DAYS OF NOAH
Scripture Reading: St. Matthew 24:1-51.
Memory Verse: St. Matthew 24:37.
- On one occasion while Jesus was on the Mount of Olives what did His disciples ask Him? Matt. 24:3.
- To what did Jesus liken the days just before His return? Matt. 24:37.
- What were some of the sins in the days of Noah? Matt. 24:38; Luke 17:26-27.
- What account of the wickedness of man is given in Gen. 6:2, 5, 11-13?
- Amidst all the terrible sins of those days, who alone, with his household, remained faithful? Gen. 7:1.
- How does the great Apostle Paul speak of Noah? Heb. 11:7.
- Through whom did God warn the people in those days, when wickedness was very great? 2 Pet. 2:5.
- What happened after the Master had called faithful Noah and his family (household) into the Ark? Gen. 7:4, 11-12.
- How complete was the destruction of all flesh? Gen. 7:21-23.
- For whom, does Peter say the destruction in the days of Noah and Lot, is to be an example? 2 Peter 2:5, 6.
- The wicked world that was in the days of Noah perished by water. What does the word say will happen to the wicked in the not too distant future? 2 Peter 3:6, 7, 10,
- After all sin and sinners have been destroyed, and the earth has been cleansed by fire, what will be brought to pass? 2 Peter 3:11-13; Isa. 65:17.