Lesson for July 25, 2020
DISCERNING THE SIGNS OF OUR TIMES
Scripture reading: Matt. 24th chapter
Memory verse: Matt. 24:33
- Who came to Christ seeking after a sign? Matt. 16:1
- What was his reply? Verses 2, 3.
Note: – The Saviour called the Pharisees and Sadducees hypocrites because they could discern the face of the sky, but they knew nothing about the signs of the time. That is they knew nothing about the fulfilling of Bible prophecy concerning the events of the day.
- What burning question did the disciples put to the Saviour a short time before His crucifixion? Matt. 24:3.
- What was his answer? Verses 4-9.
- What did he tell them about spiritual conditions in the world? Verse 12.
- What work did he tell them must be done before his return? Verse 14.
- What about false prophets (false preachers), in the last days, the danger of being deceived – Verse 24.
- Is he to come secretly when he returns or will his coming be generally known? Verses 25 to 27; 1 Thess. 4:16.
- To what time does the Saviour compare his coming which was also an age of wickedness? Matt. 24:37-39; Genesis 6:5, 6.
- What about the separations that take place when he comes? Matt: 24:40, 41.
- Who are the faithful and wise servants at that time? Verses 43-47.
- What about another class of servants who do not understand the signs of the times, and are feasting with those drunk on the wine of Babylon? Verses 48-50.
- What happens to this class of servants? Verse 51.
- Are the true remnants class in the darkness relative to the time of his coming? 1 Thess. 5:3, 4.