Lesson for August 1, 2020
SPIRITUAL CONDITIONS OF THE LAST DAYS
Scripture reading: Matthew 24:36-51.
Memory verse: Luke 17:26.
- What did Jesus say would be the condition of the world at His second coming? Luke 17:26-30.
- What was the condition of the world in Noah’s day spiritually speaking? Gen. 6:5-8.
- How were they in the days of Lot? Gen 19:13; 2 Pet. 2:6-8.
- How did Paul describe the spiritual condition of the last days? 2 Tim 3:1-5.
Note. – This clearly describes present conditions, with greed and graft. People are coveting the gain of this world, and have no responsibility for others, but only for self, Just a few of the Lord’s own children are giving of their means and are sacrificing for others, that they might hear the words of eternal life and be saved.
- How did Paul say people would regard truth and sound doctrine in these times? 2 Tim 4:3, 4.
- What was to be the spiritual conditions of the last of the seven periods of the church, the Laodicean period? See Rev. 3:14-17.
- What counsel is given to those in this lukewarm indifferent condition? Rev. 3:18, 19.
- What is the promise to all who heed this counsel? Rev. 3:20, 21.
- Generally speaking, can we expect conditions to grow better or worse as we near the end? 2 Tim 3:13; 1 Tim 4:1, 2.
- What warning is given us against being caught in and effected by this terrible wave of luke-warmness and spiritual apathy? Luke 21:34-36; 2 Pet. 3:17.
- As true children of God, what must we wrestle against? Eph 6:10-12; 5:11.