Lesson for July 24, 2021
ENVY AND JEALOUSY
Scripture reading: Prov. 27th chapter
Memory verse: Job 5:2.
- What did Solomon say in his proverb about envy? Prov. 27:4.
- How cruel is jealousy? Songs of Solomon 8:6.
- What was the result of Cain’s jealousy? 1 John 3:12
- Does a man have to slay one in order to be a murderer? 1 John 3:15.
- With what were the Jews filled when they saw the multitudes come to hear Paul? Acts 13:44-48.
- What are some of the fruits of envy? James 3:16.
- How does Job explain envy? Job 5:2.
Note. — Envy and jealousy are sin and come because of a lack of the Holy Spirit. If we are to overcome these sins, one must seek power from Heaven, and the Lord will give it to change our life.
- “A sound heart is life of the flesh”. What is envy? Prov. 14:30.
- Is it possible for anyone to have envy in their hearts and still be saved? Gal 5:21.
- What did the Apostle Paul say we should put away? Eph 4:31
- How can this be done? Eph. 4:32.
Note. — Truly jealousy is as cruel as the grave, and often exists among church members, yea even among ministers. Oh that might learn to esteem others better than self.