Lesson for July 9, 2022
CONSECRATION FOR SERVICE
Scripture Reading: Romans 12.
Memory Verse: Romans 12:1.
- What was Paul’s expressed desire of the Church of God at Rome? Romans 12:1.
- What should they do? What transformation was recommended? Romans 12:2.
Note: All the sacrifices required in the old dispensation were living ones; then while they were offered, they died. So with us; we offer ourselves as living sacrifices, then we become dead to sin, but alive unto righteousness.
- What was the process of consecration in the days of Moses? Leviticus 8:1-3, 6, 12, 30.
Note: Though this seems a mechanical way of consecration, it was God’s way, and there was something vital about it which we shall now see.
- What instruction was given these consecrated ones in their duties? Exodus 30:9.
- What was the result when they violated this law? Leviticus. 10:1, 2.
- What was Moses comment about this? What was Aaron’s attitude? Leviticus 10:3.
- What further instructions did Moses give to Aaron and his sons? Leviticus 10:6.
- Why was there danger in acting this way? Leviticus 10:9, 10.
- What similar thing took place under the anointing of the Spirit in the New Testament? Acts 5:1-12.
- What will a consecrated person not do? What was Paul’s advice on this? Romans 12:3.
- How will a consecrated person perform his work? Romans 12:6-8