Lesson for June 22, 2019
Scripture reading: James chapter 4.
Memory verse: James 4:7.
- How did Satan disrupt the peace and tranquility of the Garden of Eden? Gen. 3:1-6.
- What happened to Achan when he succumbed to the temptation of Satan? Joshua 7:20, 21, 25.
- What did Satan use to turn Solomon’s heart from the Lord? 1 Kings 11:1-4.
- Was the Lord Jesus exempt from the temptations of Satan? Matt. 4:1-3.
Note. — In the foregoing scriptures we see that the devil is no respecter of persons, he tempts everyone. Our daily prayer should be that God would grant us power to resist the devil, then and only then will he flee from us. — James 4:7.
- What can we do that will help us from certain temptations? Psa. 1:2; Prov. 4:14.
- With what words of warning did Paul give to the Church in his ministry to the Corinthians? 2 Cor. 2:11.
- How only may we overcome the devil? 1 John 5:4, 5.
- What wonderful reward awaits all who overcome the devil? Rev. 3:21, 21:7.
Note. — Without Christ Jesus we can do nothing. But thanks be unto God who giveth us the victory. For greater is He that is in you than he that is in the world.