Lesson for June 26, 2021
WORSHIPPING WITH REVERENCE IN THE HOUSE
Scripture reading: 1Timothy 3.
Memory verse: Leviticus 26:2.
- Why did the Lord desire the children of Israel to build a sanctuary? Exodus 25:8.
- How were the people taught to regard the sanctuary which was built in the wilderness? Lev. 19:30.
- How was the presence of God manifested in the wilderness? Exodus 40:33-35. How was it manifested in the Temple — the place of worship? 2 Chron. 5:13, 14.
- What should be our attitude when we come into the sanctuary (presence) of God to worship? Psalms 89:7; 96:1, 6.
- Who will be in our very midst if we conduct ourselves according to the Word? Matt. 18:20.
- How is the unseen One to be regarded? Rev. 4:11; 5:12.
Note. If some have to wait a few minutes before the service begins, let them maintain a true spirit of devotion, keeping their hearts lifted up to God in prayer that the service may be a special benefit to their own hearts and lead to the conviction and conversion of other souls.
- What is said of the name of the Lord? Psalms. 111:9; Luke 1:49.
- What instruction did Solomon give containing proper conduct in the house of God? Ecclesiastes 5:1, 2.
- What instruction did the great Apostle Paul give about behavior in the house of worship? 1 Tim. 3:15.