Lesson for June 6, 2020
THE GOSPEL COMMISSION
Scripture reading: 1 Cor. 1st Chapter.
Memory verse: 1 Cor. 1:1.
- What was the great service command given by our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ? Mark 16:15-19.
- Is this responsibility only to those called into the ministry? Matt. 25:14, 15.
- What are some of these servants doing today with their ability? Matt. 25:24-29.
- What admonition and reward will be given to those who assume their part and privilege of the gospel? Verse 23.
- What will happen to those who take no active part? Verse 30; John 15:1, 2.
- What does this gospel, commission include? Luke 9:1, 2;
- Will those who believe be able to do a great work! John 14:12.
Note: Those seeking these gifts should often read the miracles of the New Testament, and believe the promise – that they will be done again.
- Are we commanded to covet the gifts of the Spirit? 1 Cor. 12:31; 14:1.
- What are the gifts of the Spirit? 1 Cor. 12:8-10
- Is the Heavenly Father willing to give these good things (gifts of the Spirit) to those who seek for them earnestly? Matt. 7:7-11.
- How are these gifts obtained? Matt. 7:7, 8; Luke 11:9-13.
- If anyone will really hunger and thirst after these gifts, will they obtain them? Matt. 5:6.
- Will the church possess these gifts in their fullness? 1 Cor. 1:5-7.
Note: Besides the gift of prophecy, which includes preaching (1 Cor. 14:3) the ministers should covet the other gifts, earnestly seeking for them.